Billion Baby Turtles School Fundraiser Contest
Billion Baby Turtles is holding our third annual School Fundraiser Contest. To date, 1,500 students at 30 schools across the US have raised roughly $20,000, helping to save more than 20,000 baby turtles around Latin America. School classes and student groups from around the US will compete to win eco-prize packs with great products like Endangered Species Chocolate and Nature's Path cereal bars.
Participating teachers will have the opportunity to win a free trip to Costa Rica to work with sea turtles! *
- The contest begins September 25th (though you can register now) and runs until November 10th, when funds need to be sent in (received or postmarked).
- Contest winners will be announced by Nov 24th and prizes will be sent by Dec 10th.
How it Works:
- US School classes from kindergarten to high school compete to raise the most money for turtle conservation based on the categories below.
- Prizes are given for different categories (below) and every class that raises at least $100 will receive prizes for the class and each student.
- Classes determine how to raise their money but every class will have the option to sell hatchling postcards for $1 donations each (provided with a deposit but no extra cost).
- Every participating class will receive a free online sea turtle educational presentation by SEE Turtles director Brad Nahill (via Skype).
• Total Money Raised: The class that has raises the most money raised of all participating and eligible classes or clubs
• Money Raised Per Student: The class with the highest average raised per student.
• Elementary School Money Raised: The class from Kindergarten to 4th grade that raises the most money.
• Classes that raise at least $100 will receive prizes including an adoption certificate, a turtle flag for the classroom, and hatchling postcards for each student.
* Teachers whose classes raise at least $100 are eligible to win the Costa Rica trip. Winner will be chosen randomly and former winners are not eligible. Prize does not include airfare to Costa Rica.
* We are sometimes able to offer runners-up prizes depending on how many prizes are available.
Contact us with any questions at email@example.com or 800.215.0378.